United You Stand or Divided You Fall | Sunday | September 10, 2023 | Pastor Larry Luffman
September 14, 2023
Constant Truth in a Changing World
Philippians 2:1-3, If there is any encouragement in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any compassion and mercy, 2 then fulfill my joy and be like-minded, having the same love, being in unity with one mind. 3 Let nothing be done out of strife or conceit, but in humility let each esteem the other better than himself.
- Unity in the church is vital. Disunity and division destroy churches from within. Even a few contentious people can fracture a congregation.
- There are two keys to maintaining unity and avoiding division in the church:
- Never forget the blessings all believers share in Christ - the encouragement, love, fellowship, compassion, and mercy we have all received from God. Since God has shown such grace to us, we must extend that same grace to others.
- Maintain an attitude of humility, esteeming others above yourself. Pride and self-importance fracture relationships. Recognizing our own sinfulness promotes humility and compassion for others.
- Humble people who remember God's mercy are willing to forgive and show grace to others. This fosters unity.
- Staying united as a church enables us to stand firm and accomplish God's work. But division causes the church to crumble and fall. Unity comes down to how we treat one another.
Learn more about Pastor Larry here.
Support the Podcast If you like the show, please rate and review it on iTunes or wherever you subscribe, and tell a friend or family member about the show.
Contact Pastor Larry here